Dublin - Senior Quantity Surveyor
Date added: 19 Mar 2017
Region: Dublin Position Type: Permanent
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the management of projects, budget preparation and estimates, progress reports, final account preparation, client interaction and attending various design team / site meetings. As a Senior member of the Quantity Surveying Team the Senior QS will have responsibility for direction of the function in relation to relevant projects; as a result of which the Senior QS must be commercially aware, with a high level of commitment, initiative and enthusiasm. In addition the job holder will also be responsible for the day to day operational oversight of the key business areas including, responsibility for liaising with and promoting cooperation with other functions, effectively assisting the QS Director and the management of intermediate and junior surveyors as required.
Principle Duties & Accountabilities
- Liasing and reporting to the Quantity Surveying Director, the Project Director and the Contracts Manager.
- Liasing with the Design Team to ensure requirements and specifications are met
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of Bennett (Construction) Ltd
- Attend regular site meetings as a representative of Bennett (Construction) Ltd. and communicate effectively to keep QS Director up-to-date on project development status whilst also tracking and resolving issues
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects.
- Estimating and tendering for projects in conjunction with Head Office Quantity Surveying Staff
- Negotiating new projects and fixed price premiums which are cost effective
- Organising and chairing pre-award meetings with new sub-contractors in conjunctions with Bennett (Construction) Ltd construction team
- Subcontract purchasing and monitoring of packages on site
- Monitoring of contra charges and notification to sub-contractors
- Sub-contractor re-measurement, interim and final account payments
- Processing fortnightly / monthly sub-contractor payment certificates
- Compiling the variation log an signing off on variations with Project Quantity Surveyors
- Issuing interim payment applications to the Project Quantity Surveyor an correlating payments received.
- Final account preparations at the end of the project
- Cost monitoring and reporting using construction computer software and attending monthly cost reporting meetings
- Cashflow forecasting for projects and issuing monthly reports to accounts
- Keeps abreast of various changes in industry and competitive environment in which the company operates.
- Where required provide leadership, motivation and mentoring to intermediate & Junior Quantity Surveyors so as to encourage optimum performance, whilst also planning and
- Perform Other Duties and Projects as assigned
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience with proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, Final Accounts and cost reporting
- Displays through understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings
- Displays high capability of extracting quantities from drawings and issuing enquiries to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that accurate quotations are received within specified time frames
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and other Quantity Surveying Packages
- Proven track record in Commercial / Industrial Projects
- Demonstrates excellent budgetary responsibility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to provide and explain accurate reporting.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Self-starter and ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision. Must be highly flexible with a high level commitment to success.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team with wide variety of individuals demonstrating effective interpersonal skills
Apply for this position
If you would like to apply for this position please fill in the form below and attach your CV with Cover Letter.
Note: Only .doc and .pdf files can be uploaded.