Southampton - Site Engineer
Date added: 21 Apr 2017
Region : Southampton
Position Type: Full Time
The Engineer reports to the Senior Engineer on site and works closely with him or her to help drive the project through to successful completion, on time, within budget and to the highest standards as required. The Engineer is highly motivated, willing to work on their own initiative and possesses good interpersonal and communication skills. He/She is competent in the use of instruments such as EDM's, Total Stations, Laser Levels, Dumpy levels.
Principle Duties & Accountabilities
- Liaising with
- Senior Engineer
- Site Clerk, material and plant requisitioning and assisting the control of plant and equipment on site
- Junior Quantity Surveyors, re-measurement work
- Quality & Environmental Manager, maintaining site records in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 requirements
- Site Manager, Sub-Contractors
- Health & Safety Officer, promoting the implementation of the Safety Management System
- Setting out and checking works as required for the project
- Co-ordinating Sub-Contractors including maintaining a daily Site Diary detailing manpower levels for each Sub-contractors and keeping accurate notes of all on-site activities
- Scheduling daily Work Programmes
- Scheduling steel reinforcement and other material requisitions
- Making of concrete cubes including recording locations, sending for testing and analysing results as well as other quality checks as required
- Taking site and foundation levels
- Preparing engineering drawings and engineering calculations for planning applications
- Attending weekly management team meetings for Bennett Construction Team
- Provide clear leadership and direction to the site team while maintaining a professional manner is essential
- Ensure maintenance of drawing register and ensuring proper distribution of all drawings.
- Engineering Degree/Diploma Required
- Preferably 2+ years Engineering experience
- Computer literate in Design Software
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
Apply for this position
If you would like to apply for this position please fill in the form below and attach your CV with Cover Letter.
Note: Only .doc and .pdf files can be uploaded.