London - Project Manager
Date added: 20 Mar 2017
Region: East London
As Project Manager you will be working closely with our Director and have the ultimate responsibility for the successful delivery of the project to be completed on time, within budget, finished to the highest standard and implemented within the required Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental parameters. The Project Manager should be degree qualified with a minimum of 10 years’ experience at project management level. The Project Manger must have a strong commercial awareness and the ability to deal with the whole financial and programme planning elements of the project. He / She must possess excellent interpersonal skills with good site based knowledge and experience on a broad range of projects in the construction sector. The role will require a proven track record involving planning and co-ordination of sub-contractors / supply chain coupled with good people management skills.
Principle Duties & Accountabilities
- The Project Manager must be able to function autonomously and jointly with Director. He/She must routinely make management decisions pertaining to project issues with minimal supervision throughout the life of the project.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong Commercial awareness and Cost Control ability with a proven track record in the area of construction planning.
- Must be technically competent with the ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables.
- Must function effectively as liaison between Bennett Construction Limited and external Client executives so as to protect the Company and the specific project, to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
- Instruct, coach and direct the project staff with respect to construction, contractual, and regulatory requirements with responsibility for assigned work.
- Responsibility for the delivery of the job on time, within specification and on budget
- Ensure all personnel on site conduct their duties to the highest standards.
- Manage day to day operational duties.
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
- Provide feedback and record information from the project for ‘lessons learnt seminars’ and for continuous staff development.
- An Engineering / Construction Management / Project Management Degree required or where appropriate relevant experience.
- Minimum 10 years residential /hotel experience, preferably in a Main Contractor entity.
- Management experience required - preferably at Senior Level.
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project/Powerproject etc.
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry and broad understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Excellent ability to analyse and interpret contractual documents.
- Proven excellent analytical and organisational skills.
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment are essential.
Unfortunately we are unable to assist you in obtaining a work visa. Therefore, please understand that we can only accept applicants with a valid working visa for UK.
Apply for this position
If you would like to apply for this position please fill in the form below and attach your CV with Cover Letter.
Note: Only .doc and .pdf files can be uploaded.