Dublin - Senior Engineer
Date added: 19 Mar 2017
Position Type: Permanent (Full Time)
The Senior Engineer will be required to manage all site engineering works, and will be responsible for the progression and completion of the same in conjunction with Engineering and Site Management teams. Ideally he/she will be skilful in the management of large scale structures and projects to include piling, steel/ concrete frames, precast elements, formwork frames and curtain walling. The role will involve the management of all engineering procurement to include the ordering of concrete and site bulk materials. In addition the Senior Engineer will also be responsible for the management of subcontractors whilst monitoring their performance on the job. He/She will also be responsible for supervision, quality and measurement of all concrete pours. Technical competence in the use of all setting out instruments is essential. He/She will ideally come form an Engineering background and will possess at least 5 years main contracting experience at senior level on large scale mixed development projects. The candidate will possess excellent people management and communication skills coupled with the ability to effectively drive the project programme and subcontractor schedules. A proven track record will be essential to this role with proven success on large scale projects.
Principle Duties & Accountabilities
- Research and advise on the best engineering solution to meet with a Client’s needs and budget;
- Setting out and checking works as required for the project;
- Managing the sub-contractors and personnel on site in order to drive project through to successful completion on time and within budget, finished to the highest standards. This includes keeping a daily site diary with required information recorded and where all manpower levels for each Sub-Contractor are recorded;
- Overseeing the keeping of the concrete cube register and other relevant quality checks by the Junior Engineer;
- Facilitating the flow of information between the Design Team and the Construction Team;
- Attending weekly management team meetings for Bennett Construction
- Maintaining, tracking and scheduling the daily and weekly work programmes and reviewing weekly progress reports from the master construction programme
- Assisting with the control of plant and equipment on site
- Organise the delivery of materials, plant and equipment needed for the construction project and supervise labour
- Prepare engineering calculations where required for the design of projects and supervise the drafting
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- 5-7 Years proven experience at Senior Level
- Consistent Employment History Displaying Proven Track Record is a must
- Previous Experience on large scale mixed development projects
- Ability to effectively manage site programme and associated schedules to required deadlines
- Excellent Record Keeping skills coupled with the ability to effectively deal with design issues
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project/Powerproject etc.
- Excellent People Management skills
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this position
If you would like to apply for this position please fill in the form below and attach your CV with Cover Letter.
Note: Only .doc and .pdf files can be uploaded.