Dublin - Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Date added: 19 Mar 2017
Region: Dublin Position Type: Full Time
The Quantity Surveyor (QS) will be responsible for directly liaising with and assisting the Senior QS on site to ensure the successful implementation of projects. The QS will provide assistance in the areas of; budget preparation and estimates, progress reports, final account preparation, client interaction and attending various site meetings. As a member of the Quantity Surveying Team you will be provided with the opportunity to gain knowledge of all Quality Surveying duties and a high level of experience under the guidance of the Senior QS. In addition the Quantity Surveyor will also be responsible for assisting the Senior QS in the day to day operational oversight of the key business areas including, responsibility for liaising with and promoting cooperation with other functions.
Principle Duties & Accountabilities
- Liaising and reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor;
- Attending Pre-Award Meetings with New Sub-Contractors;
- Monitoring of contra charges and notification to Sub-Contractors;
- Working with the Senior Quantity Surveyor in the preparation of final account at the end of the project;
- Issuing interim payment applications to the Project Quantity Surveyor in conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor;
- Cost monitoring and reporting using Construction Computer Software;
- Reviewing Tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects;
- Purchasing and monitoring Sub-Contractors packages on site;
- Handling Sub-Contractors re-measurement, interim and final account payments;
- Processing fortnightly/monthly Sub-Contractor payment certificates;
- Compiling variations and the variation log
- Diploma / Degree in Quantity Surveying;
- Preferably 3-5 years Quantity Surveying experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team
Apply for this position
If you would like to apply for this position please fill in the form below and attach your CV with Cover Letter.
Note: Only .doc and .pdf files can be uploaded.