We are currently seeking an experienced Construction Planner for our Head Office in Mullingar. This role will assist our Estimating and Construction Teams in the preparation of PQQ, Tender and Construction Programmes, Planning Procedures, Site Logistical Layouts, Progress Monitoring and Reporting throughout the life cycle of the project. The ideal candidate will have planning experience with a Main Contractor or Engineering Consulting firm.
- Producing programmes of a high quality which meet Company & Client expectations, within time allocated and in line with project deadlines for PQQ, Tendering and Contract purposes.
- Carry out technical appraisals of Pre-Qualification and tender documents, including investigating the implications of the relevant activities affecting the project, the programme durations and appropriate requests for information.
- Providing analysis of the contractual documents regarding time schedules, milestones and value engineering options.
- Liaison with the tendering team to ensure the submission of compliant bids in line with Employers & Tender Requirements.
- Providing technical support to the Estimating Department and Construction Teams as required.
- Preparation of Tender, Contract and Construction stage programmes including the development of critical path analysis and tracking of same.
- Developing work packages programmes to define the scheduled installation tasks with sketch / drawing proposals to demonstrate logical sequences for internal and Client presentation.
- Assist the Project Manager in tracking the project against its master programme and budget where required.
- Supporting the Project Manager in the development and implementation of recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated eventualities.
- Establish, communicate, track and report site installation progress if required.
- Assist in preparation of contractors reports as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Participate in project meetings and revise the construction programme as per conclusions, advising the Project Team on any implications.
- Attend meetings and liaise with Clients team as required.
You will need
- Construction/Engineering related degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role with a Main Contractor or Engineering Consulting firm
- Thorough knowledge of computer and programming software such as Primavera, MS Project, ASTA Power Project etc.
- Solid working knowledge of other software and window based packages including AutoCad, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge / working experiences of 3d Modelling software/ BIM experience would be beneficial.
- Proven experience of the tender and contract stage of projects
- Solid understanding of the construction industry and the regulatory environment
- Track record of working under pressure and to tight deadlines with ability to prioritise
- Strong organisational and communication skills
Location: Mullingar, Co. Westmeath (ability to travel and visit projects within Ireland required).
Bennett (Construction) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer