We are currently working on a number of high-density residential and commercial projects and seeking an experienced, professional Façade Manager for these projects.
- Reviewing project / Façade specifications – to ensure subcontractor proposals are in line with Design Team and Client specification.
- Carrying out technical appraisal of Subcontractors proposals to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Chairing regular façade design coordination meetings with the Design Team and specialist subcontractors through traditional and D&B projects.
- Ensuring coordination of façade elements across various subcontract packages and oversight of the detailed interface to ensure building air and weather tightness is achieved.
- Planning and programming the overall façade construction programme from start to finish in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Ensuring that sub-contractors understand the system and have all the up to date and necessary drawings to complete their design, procurement and manufacturing works.
- Chairing regular façade progress meetings to include reviews on safety, quality, resources, program, site coordination and interface works.
- Managing the technical submittals, tracking sing off and BCAR approvals process for the façade scope.
- Managing sample procurement, sign off and testing regimes both off and on site.
- Ensure compliance with the Employments Requirements and project performance specifications and drawings
- Maintaining accurate records
- Tracking the procuring of façade materials for project and ensuring all logistics are coordinated with the main construction program
- Ensuring all SOP's are met from Design to procurement to installations.
- Ensuring the project is meeting its core KPI's including onsite progress vs agreed programme, Procurement, Quality and Health & Safety.
- Reviewing project specific RAM's
- Using BIM field or similar to review project quality and conduct a full check list for each specific system with photographic evidence for BCL and Client records.
- Using BIM plan or similar to review 2 week "look ahead" and ensure it does not clash with any other contractors proposed work, this will usually involve creating a contingency plan if weather is forecasted to be a potential delay.
- Reviewing the façade subcontractor fortnightly program progress droplines with percentage of work completed, along with work inspection records and a progress report.
- Ensuring that all Safety File and O&M data is compiled in a timely manner for handover to the Clients representative.
- Ensuring all onsite testing is completed in line with specifications and sign off and snagging is completed in a timely manner.
- Review and validation of any variations associated with the façade scope.
- Reviewing variations where appropriate to facade sub-contractor (s) if it is essential but not within their scope of works.
- Liaising with PM and QS to ensure the facade is delivered within budget and programme.
You will need
- Extensive experience in managing facades projects with a proven track record.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience at this level, working on similar projects
- Trade Qualification or Construction related qualification
- Strong and effective sub-contractor management skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills