We are currently looking for a Purchasing/Aftercare Assistant to assist our team in the London office.
The key responsibilities for the role are:
- Placing purchase orders with agreed suppliers
- Liaising with Site Management on supplier requirements
- Negotiating prices with suppliers
- Reporting to the Purchasing Manager
- Processing of all plant and labour hire from requisitioning to off-hiring.
- Processing of all credit requests;
- Liaising with all external vendors and internal customers to investigate queries in order to bring to a satisfactory resolution;
- Providing monthly departmental reports for construction site expenditure;
- Acting as the Aftercare Liaison Officer
- Oversee and manage the defects on our projects.
- Collate and monitor all defects reported
- Arrange and attend inspections to gain further understanding of defects
- Working on any latent defects and resolve issues when required
- Skills and experience
- Other tasks as required.
Skills and Experience
- Experienced user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Positive attitude and self motivated
- Experience in the construction industry is preferred but not essential
- Experience in running a system of purchasing is advantageous
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills
- Strong communication and IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills;
- You must also be highly motivated and be confident working to tight deadlines and budgets
- Must work well within a team
Bennett (Construction) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer