We are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor for our project based in Cambridgeshire. This role will be responsible for budget preparation and estimates, progress reports, final account preparation, client interaction and attending various design team / site meetings.
- Liaising and reporting to the Commerical Director, Project Director, and Project Manager.
- Liaising with the Design Team to ensure requirements and specifications are met
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the Company
- Attending regular site meeting and communicate effectively to keep the BCL Senior Quantity Surveyor up to date on project development status whilst also tracking and resolving issues
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects.
- Estimating and tendering for projects in conjunction with Head Office Quantity Surveying Staff
- Negotiating new projects and fixed price premiums which are cost effective
- Organising and chairing pre-award meetings with new sub-contractors in conjunction with the Construction Team
- Subcontract purchasing and monitoring of packages on site
- Monitoring of contra charges and notification to sub-contractors
- Sub-contractor re-measurement, interim and final account payments
- Processing fortnightly / monthly sub-contractor payment certificates
- Compiling the variation log and signing off on variations with the Junior Quantity Surveyor
- Issuing interim payment applications to the Junior Quantity Surveyor and correlating payments received.
- Final account preparations at the end of the project
- Cost monitoring and reporting using construction computer software and attending monthly cost reporting meetings
- Cashflow forecasting for projects and issuing monthly reports to accounts
- Keeping abreast of various changes in industry and competitive environment in which the company operates.
- Planning and performing other duties and projects as assigned
You will need
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience with proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, Final Accounts and cost reporting
- Thorough understanding of specifications, bills of quantities and drawings
- Strong expertise in extracting quantities from drawings and issuing enquiries to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that accurate quotations are received within specified time frames
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and other Quantity Surveying Packages
- Proven track record in Commercial / Industrial Projects
- Excellent budgetary responsibility experience
- Superb written and oral communication skills, including the ability to provide and explain accurate reporting.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Self-starter and ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision.
- Flexible with a high-level commitment to success.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team with a wide variety of individuals
Job Type: Full time permanent
Bennett (Construction) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer